Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil Review

Do you use coconut oil? I do and I love it. I recently got a chance to review some coconut oil from the company Tropical Traditions. Let's just say I was impressed. The quality, texture and overall yumminess of the oil is really excellent.



But isn't coconut oil expensive? Yes, it is. But I don't really have a choice when it comes to oils. When I was a teenager, I ended up with gastritis (my stomach lining was eating itself). The main thing that caused it in me was my terrible eating habits, mostly having to do with consuming food made with hydrongenated oils. I had to give up all of those oils. For years, the only oil I could consume was olive oil. Now my stomach is fully healed, but I still don't cook with hydrongenated oils.....they are so toxic. I only cook with olive oil, butter and coconut oil.

Like I said, I got the chance to review some "Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil" made by Tropical Traditions. I was very impressed with the company and the product. I made bread and cookies with the oil and they were SO yummy! I used the coconut oil as a spread on my toast.....yummmm....
 And I made a Strawberry Cream Pie from their recipe website. Wow.....delicious! Here's a pic:



And some of these recipes just look sooooo good!!!

Feel free to check out their website. If you would like to try their products, you can use my referral code: 5970550. This code will get you a free copy of Tropical Tradition's Virgin Coconut Oil book with your first order.

Always trying to be as frugal as possible, I also signed up to receive the email newsletter from Tropical Traditions.  This newsletter alerts me to sales and specials.  Every once in awhile they will have a "buy one get one free" sale and occasionally offer free shipping.  Then I am able to get double the oil for less than what I would have to pay in the health food section of the grocery store.  Woohoo!

How about you? Have you ever used coconut oil?
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.

3 comments:

  1. I love coconut oil, i ordered their coconut concentrate and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are die hard TT fans! I've tried other coconut oil that was cheaper and YUCK! It's definitely worth the price and I always wait for a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried coconut oil (Amazon sale) and I use it for my chocolate milk - I pour cocoa in a glass, sweetner, mix in coconut oil - some mixes and some does not, and you are left with some yummy bits of chocolate coconut goodness!

    ReplyDelete