Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Money Saving Tip


My mother-in-law recently switched from a regular cell phone to a pre-paid phone plan and ended up saving almost $40 a month.

Now, I realize that this won't work for everyone. But it does work great for those who want a cell phone for emergency use only or for those who want a cell phone but won't use it very often.

Others might have more savings by getting rid of their land line and only having a cell phone.

What have you done to save money in this area?

2 comments:

  1. I did this a couple of years ago and it's been a realy money saver for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added my mother to my family plan to cut back on her cell phone bill. She rarely uses it and we could probably save even more by just getting her a prepaid phone that doesn't expire but this way we can keep track of it and we KNOW that she's taken care of that way.

    I just found your blog through a Follow Friday link and I'm so glad I did! I am trying to "learn how to be a grownup" now that I'm married and I think a lot of your tips are going to save us a lot of money! I'm your newest follower. :-)
    http://fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete