Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Cleaning

The temperatures are actually above freezing.  Crocuses, daffodils and tulips are starting to peak out of the ground.  Robins are fluttering around outside.  Woohoo.....it's time for spring!  And along with spring comes spring cleaning!

Are you one who likes to do deep cleaning in the spring time?

If you are, or even if you aren't, here are some great homemade and frugal cleaners that I use around the house.



These, along with baking soda and vinegar, are pretty much all I use to clean around the house.  How about you?  Do you use any homemade cleaners?

3 comments:

  1. This is the homemade cleaner that I use for just about everything, including windows and mirrors.

    Alice's Wonder Spray
    (I found in an article during green week last year, got me started on all the homemade cleaners)

    This cleaner will kill 82 percent of molds and 99 percent of bacteria in a household, according to Ami Voeltz of Do It Green Minnesota. It costs only 14 cents, whereas a store-bought cleaner runs $4 to $20 a bottle. Making your own is kinder to the environment, and you save packaging by using your own reusable bottle.

    1 cup white vinegar
    2 tsp borax
    32 oz (4 cups) hot water
    20 drops essential oil, optional
    ¼ cup liquid dish soap

    Directions: Combine vinegar and borax with 32 oz hot water. Add an essential oil (if desired, for fragrance) and dish soap. Place in a spray bottle and be sure to label it.

    I use it all the time for household cleaning in my kitchen, bathroom. I think it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thanks for sharing that Michele! I'm SO going to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My next endeavor is to convince Jeff to try some of your other homemade cleaners. We have had quite a few friends want to try your laundry soap, T!

    Do you have any homemade bug killers?

    The ants are invading!

    ReplyDelete